Monday, October 08, 2007

blog about mum

theres this note in my weekly sermon notes that says "blog about mum". its to remind me to blog about my simple dinner with my mum. some day in the last 2 weeks i had a simple supper with my mum. alone. just the 2 of us. seldom the case coz there'd always be at least 1 of my 2 brothers. hm.. thoroughly enjoyed the session. had pretty good and simple food, not to mention the Joo Chiat Vietnamese girls to complement the feast. as we were just simply enjoying the company of each other... in my memory, i really don't remember ever having a meal with my mum alone. perhaps in one of those 'meet the parents session' in my school days, where she had to go to sch to listen to my teachers complain about me, there was one. but i can't really rem. anyway, its just the simple pleasures of life like this that i am really grateful about. if you cant' have these, then don't talk about the joy of getting your dream job, joy of getting a scholarship, joy of buying a new car. these are fundamental arent they?

my brother asked me 'do you treat simei as your home?' the other day before service. and to a certain extent i was pleasantly surprised at his qn. anyway, its not lah. its where i stay. not really my home. my home would be a place where say i stay with my family loh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home