Thursday, July 26, 2007

Signs of the last days..

Luke 21:5-19
Collosians 4:2-6
Proverbs 20:2-3

needs little explaining. i wonder how people will think when i say "i think God is teaching me...." i think God is trying to tell me"...

but to be honest. i havent been having the best year of my life lately. at least for the past yr, its been disappointments after disappointments. sure, i've taken time off to reflect. but have i learnt anything. or am i going back to the cycle of occupying myself with whichever comes first?

how do i make my decisions? to be honest, i do not know.

my household banged the car at least 2 or 3 times this yr. the latest one contributed by me just hours ago. it resembled one of my dreams where i was frantically trying to brake but nothing is happening and i am on the way to ram into a car. cept this time i tried to brake but just din make it in time.

for most, this would be the time to go have a look at our fengshui. cept, we dun rreally have a place to look at fengshui. we are all scattered anyway. so whats wrong? what is God trying to tell me? punishment for what? how do we pinpoint which is the contributing factor to this? yes, of course we cant pinpoint since it is all in God's timing. not in ours. true enough, we cant say,

the above verses tt i was prompted to leads me to interpret it in this way:

God comes only after the 'darkest hour'. press on. but then again, is this the darkest hour. its nothing compared to many others. i merely lost the car.. for while. no problem for me to do without it. stand firm. do not lose faith. how not to when your world is really falling down and you havent in your own expectations experienced anything really positive in the past 2 years or so. why is the world falling down on me?

Diligence in prayer. how? i keep hearing my pastor starting off encouraging us to pray in this way: "Do you know that prayer is actually the greatest weapon we have against the evil one?"
to top it up, it is delivered in a very matter of fact way. like we all know it but need to be reminded. true indeed. there are so many things in life tt we know but need to be reminded. like our mum is our mum. literally. someone tell me i do not sound childish here.

"it is to a man's honour to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel"
strife: bitter sometimes violent conflict or dissension
so?

God, allow me a season of focus. pls. i will not be quick to quarrel but take a step back and reflect upon all my actions. allow this semester to be different from the rest. amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home