Saturday, July 07, 2007

Requirements of a Father.

Basic requirements of being a father. let's not be cliche and say all the lead the family, breadwinner etc. Feed the Child.

and to me fathering has little to do with blood relations. to me who feeds me and loves me from his heart is my father. believe or not. i'm the kind who would follow my stepfather who feeds me for 20 years rather than the shotgun father who had to abandon me years ago when he comes back for me. never mind if he had his reasons. never mind tt he is sincere this time and can feed me from here. i'm the kind.

if i have a penny, i'd give it to the father who gave me his penny when i needed it. basic rules of repaying kindness.

long long long conversation with my Blood Daddy. in some sense i understand his situation as well. in his analogy he has 8 holes and 4 covers. and i mentioned in this world, those who are nice are taken for granted. ALA

argh.. posting this at this time for what? Blogs are for pple with nothing better to do? haha.

ok i must be responsible since this is a public domain. blogger integrity.

been a long time i've felt this. no wonder. this is the true meaning of blogging. the feeling of nostalgia when you pour your heart out to something that is opinionless. like a Dog. wow. love it.

so this Dad of mine. what does he do? i once told him tt he could go check out jason's blog to catch up on the son tt he missed all these years. think about the part of his childhood that he missed. but its impossible for him lah. he'd have to spend his whole day reading if he read all his sons' blogs. mine for one will take him quite some time to catch up if he were to read from the first post. Jasons dun even bother. you'll not finish. he'd blog faster than you can read.

in my lifetime.... forgot what i wana write already.

i wonder which part of my dad i inherited. i already know. we all know it. at least my bro and i. we just need a look from each other. we know it.

perhaps the greatest inheritance from him would not be his money. but the spirit of "we came to earth naked, and we would leave it naked", the spirit of "letting go" and some would say "happy go lucky". believe me, my dad is not having the best time of his life. believe me. but i truly am amazed at some of the things tt could come out from his mouth at this juncture. Good or bad. i am equally amazed.

if i signed up for the 100K, the first one I'd bless is my Dad. and in a sense i did tt tonight. perhaps even more powerful than sitting down to pray with him. I told him how i felt. man to man. son to Dad, whatever you call it. i told him tt i was angry at him. i told him tt he needed a change in his way of handling his families.

nothing is more real than this. forget about pourin your blessings to Taxi uncles when you cant pour your heart to your dad. and he thanked me for voicing out.

is this blog all about me me and me? i hope not. oh and by the way My Dad did mention "your God should have this this this this....." something like how when pple share testimonies tt their parents finally open up to God. He did mention in in a similar way. probably short of his disapproval. haha. there really isnt anything he could disapprove of in any of our lives, i think. maebe tts y i grew up to hate being bounded by rules. coz not tt many pple had the moral right to bind me in any form of parameters. no one in my family was a role model.. i guess.

with this vengeance i should have a very focused mind isnt it? to like earn enough to feed the family. y dont i have it ah?

jianjianjianjian. when was the last time God spoke to you? i think he is right now.

jian

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Lim said...

I don't know what to say. I am crying now.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home