Sunday, October 04, 2009

probably the happiest day in japan


picture this. i got this piece of paper from my hostel front desk that tells me to go to this place called venus plaza, which is like at a corner of this reclaimed island near disneyland, where they sell 2nd hand bicycles which are cheap. i follow the directions. its so ulu its those kind like 1 hr might not even have 1 bus going there tt kind... i tried to find my way there and it wasnt tt tough frankly. i find my way there, and true enough venus plaza isnt on the planet venus, but more of like a recycling initiative thing by japanese. I found a handful of bicycles and i just chose 1 for myself. it cost me 5500 yen including registration fees. yes u need to register your bicycle here. 1 bicyle generated me like 3 numbers. 1 for insurance, 1 which is the reg number, the other one is like an anti crime number hahaha. wtf. anyway, the whole procedure was pretty smooth going, a lot smoother than i expected. before i knew it, i have bought my bicycle in japan!!!! and it was such a gd deal. its such a baby. i feel like I have just chosen Marley! the bargain dog. ok. i guess i should name my bicycle Marley then. cept that i'm gonna ride on Marley everyday haha.

i wish i could show her to all of u. but i took a pic on my phone camera and i couldnt find a way to like transfer... oh!!!! infra red!! why din i think of tt!
ok. here it is. my beauty. its parked at this garage behind... i wish i could sleep with her for the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger chovak said...

And it was tall enough for you? Did they have bikes for long-legged folk?

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home