Wednesday, April 02, 2008

what i always wanted to say

ask any exchange students why they like their exchange and its common to hear things like:

  1. can travel!
  2. learn to be independant
  3. can know ang moh girls/guys!
  4. international perspective...
  5. etc etc etc..
i have a rather peculiar proposition on why i am enjoying my exchange so much... and perhaps on top of all the above mentioned, the one that i cherish the most is that i somewhat have a place of my own. yes i know that the place doenst belong to me. and tecnically i havent used the living room a single time. but the fact that i could invite friends over for dinner on a simple roundtable that sits 8 people comfortably. this is the main draw of me. perhaps fulfilling the long time desire that i have of hosting people over simple dinner. and the fact that i did so many of that in my sort exchange here makes me feel like i am the me i am supposed to be. i love the feeling of that.

and i told myself that when i am back in singapore, i am going to cook for the people who matter to me. i might not have a place to do that, but i think in this transition years, there are many possibilities again.

Thank God for jie wei who never for once minded abt my nomadic life. in copenhagen and even in singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home