Friday, May 19, 2006

when was the last time?

when was the last time.....
you did something for the first time?
you wrote a letter and mailed it to your penpal/ fren?
you had a reunion dinner where every single member of your extended family was around?
you typed an email in an internet cafe abroad?

this is almost week 4 or 5 of my 14 week holiday. i've done nothing much i set out to do in the hols. like taking japanese, readin up on last sems work.. etc. i've just been living my days answering to impromptyu meetups, impropmptu meetings, impromptu favours. tending to impromptu needs etc. hav i had time to myself? perhaps. but perhaps not. i dun remember a moment when i was alone other than packing my room for that one day.

my female peers are currently in their 3rd yr of university. they r either working or in their honours year. many are worrying abt their first job. others are worried that they might still not be sure of their lives. i just challenged a friend to the need of knowing what you want in life. everyone's telling me that i need to be focused. focused to what? to the singaporean way of life?
to the singaporean dream of earning a toyota and a corner in the HDB block and working your ass off the rest of your life?

during one my meetups with frens this summer, we were talkin abt what we picture each other to be working as... and one of my closest friends just mentioned that she cant imagine me being an office guy. she saes i'm either a farmer or someone who sells fruits or ice cream at the beach off a coast in bali or so hahahah!! i totally agreed. somewhere along that line i guess. no shirt no tie. just a singlet and board shorts. no gucci document bags but rather a crumpler plus a draft case? those that designers carry around? ahaha./ too bad i've passed my way of being a designer. i cant draw for nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home