Friday, January 18, 2008

blogging on the plane

Blogging this right in the seat of the plane. not an easy flight despite the SQ brand of making you travel in comfort. ours ago i was in Terminal 3, overwhelmed by the number of friends/family wo showed up to send me off on my short 6 to 7 mths trip abroad. it was a time marked by relatively few tears but much introduction to the various groups of people in my life. for the first time jie wei's parents saw my mum. :)
so this flight probably marks the start of my exchange programme. certainly something i've been looking forward for, for half the time i was living. i recall a distant memory of someone advising me that i should not study overseas, since i could get the same experience just by doing a smemester abroad thru excange programs. true indeed. i also recall having enormous amounts of fascination about spending an extensive amount of time overseas.. well, i've tried a month away, but certainly not 6.
there's certainly a great amount of anticipation, and lifestyle will be very different. i sure hope i could articulate it in a way that makes you feel equally excited, but i probably cant. aha. and i guess there'd certainly be times when blogging would be the one keeping me occupied at night. i am still fondling with the idea that i could call people every other night or something. i guess i'm done for now, when the plane touches down, i'd have either of my assigned buddy from CBS or the daughter of my landlady pick me up from the airport, another of those come out of the gantry got someone holding out your name one. haaaah. shiok sia. and immediately i'd have many things on my agenda to settle for today alr, such as my CPR number, my mobile sim card, my student card, banking.. etc.
i look forward to settling into my new room, and certainly explore my new 2 degree celcius neighbourhood in thick wear. seems like all the things i wanted to do before i came on exchange, a good half of them had to be done here.. with the past few days marked filling up my time slots in the day by the hours to meet up with friends, family etc.
so well, i guess finally i am here. even jie wei says that its like i am taking damn long to leave. okok dear, i'm finally here and i hope you are already missing me, coz the last time i was on a plane, you were like konked out beside me. i wonder if i'd put on weight or lose when i'm there. i think our planes reaching real soon... ooh.. haha 3 more hours, but it looks like just another slice thru the globe. hm.. our world is bigger than i think.
i think its time for lonely planet. and of course, psalms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home