Friday, May 20, 2011

when you've been here long enough

you know it when you have been in a country long enough when you have the chance to talk to 2 old men and realize that old men here are no much different from old men in your country. I've had 2 sets of older men come to me this week with a proposition of how they intend to 'take over the world'. 1 was my dad. in fact, there probably was a time when he would come up with a new plan every week, so its no big deal I guess.

Of course, its stupid to think that just because I am younger and sort of like more savvy, that these people whose been through life has been outrun by the speed of change in this new generation. they definitely still do have things to offer. its just perhaps I dont see the practicality of what they bring to the table. they have lots of experience talk. but few that I find applicable today. of course, I have an old man side of me. I dont use twitter. I find it very difficult to learn new IT stuff, I prefer to still physically go shopping instead of making my purchases online etc. So in a way, me being outrun by the generation, has already begun from day 1. simply put, if you dont run, you are bound to fall behind behind those who sprint. you cant even go for a brisk walk. its not a world of speed anymore. its more of who has the acceleration.

enough of all these generation talk.

you know I really think that Tokyo has very few to offer me anymore. although there are tons of things to learn in the company, I just find this rhythm really very very routine. although I am not complaining about it. I find it rather easy to sort of earn money, with each day involving just moving around, sending some emails, handling some stuff etc. but I just find I am not growing that much. or should I say, all of these growth I am sort of like trying to achieve, should have somehow been done in uni!

but then again. time is just so limited now. I have so much I want to read and so but so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home