Friday, August 31, 2007

Pasar Malam

i was doing my reading in a stressful week 2 of sch at about 930 pm and i took a peek out of my window to find, to may surprise, Pasar Malam just below my block. out of a heart of simple relaxation, i decided to go down and take a walk thru that 40 to 50 stall night market. wanted to find people at first, but after a few tries tt din fall thru, i gave up and was ok with walking around it alone. in my desperate attempts to save money for my exchange, i'd be on a mode of 'eat at home is free of charge' mentality, which really prevented me fr buying the Ramly Burgers. i succumbed to that temptation at 11 oclock. ha. what a nice feeling! less the variety of course! there seems to be endless Ramly Burgers in 1 pasar Malam. i wonder why. they are all selling the same thing. from like 5 yrs ago i've been seeing the same layout, same products etc. compare this to Ben Thanh in Vietnam, theres really nothing here that i will buy. or even compare here to Sepangput in Bangkok. theres nothing here. why is that so? but well, reliving the choldhood memories of going out at night with bro, cycling thru the masses of crowd in Geylang Serai. i m reall beginning to miss those days man. was back at Mangis the other day with jie wei to see my old house and i told her my childhood stories... i really wonder what i am going to do when i graduate. sounds like nothing will be more than a disappointment to me. i really wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home